How long does it take to get a six pack? This may be the ultimate weapon you can get!
One of the most common questions asked by people looking to get fit is “How long does it take to get a six pack?”. This is a very open question as there are a range of dietary changes and exercises that you can undertake to achieve rock solid abdonimals. The question should really be “what is the fastest way to get a six pack?”. After undertaking research and reviewing several fast six pack creation programs, it is clear that that if you follow the right program you can get a six pack in as little as six weeks. Want to know more? Read below!
To get a six pack in as little as six weeks you need to undertake a program and regime that consists of the following
- Reduction in carbohydrate intake.
- Increase in protein intake.
- Aerobic exercise.
- Specific abdominal exercises.
Lets go into these in more detail so we can help answer your question, how long does it take to get a six pack?
Carbohydrates are a natural part of your diet, however to many carbohydrates can put on weight. Therefore you need to reduce your intake. The best way is to minimize your intake of bread and cereals. Research shows a diet as follows is the best.
- Have yogurt and fruit for breakfast (five days a week)
- Have salad and tuna (or other light meat) for lunch (five days a week)
- Have a dinner of red meat and vegetables or greens (five days a week)
This will help to remove extra carbs and help you to lose weight. Your six pack sits under fat on your stomach so this is a great way to help show your six pack!
How Long Does It Take To Get A Six Pack – Increase Your Protein Intake
Your body finds protein harder to break down than carbohydrates so eating more protein helps you to lose weight. In addition protein is turned into muscle rather than fat, so this will help you to get rock solid abdominals! Almost to easy! The dietary recommendations above for carbohydrates goes hand in hand with increasing protein, so simply follow the three dot points above.
It is noted that to be successful in developing a six pack you need to stick to the above diet five days a week. The other two days will ensure that you stay on track and will provide your body with a rest from the regime. It is recommended that you don’t have the two days of the diet together, rather that you space them out individually.
Aerobic exercise will help to speed up your metabolism, burn more fat and produce more muscle. To be successful you will need to do thirty minutes of exercise (either running, jogging, brisk walking or aerobics) five times a week.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Six Pack – Exercise Regimes
Anyone who asks how long does it take to get a six pack, knows that exercise regimes are a major component to obtaining a six pack. However, not all exercises are equal. After much in-depth research and review of different abdominal exercises, the following three exercises are proposed below. To be successful you will need to do these exercises (and the repetitions detailed) six days a week.
- Bicycles These are one of the best abdominal exercises around. Start by lying on your back with your hands behind your head. Bring your knees up vertically above your hips, and starting with your right arm and should bring them to your left knee. Repeat this for the other side of your body with your left arm and right knee. Start by doing three sets of 20. This will have you developing rock hard abdominal in know time.
- Long arm Crunches If you know how to do normal crunches or sit ups then you will know how to do these. Basically lay down on your back with your knees bent. Now instead of placing your hands right behind your head stretch your hands out behind your head as far as you can. Now start doing the crunches. You will notice the difference in how hard this is on your abdominal’s. Three sets of 10 repetitions is a good place to start.
- Exercise ball crunches If you don’t have an exercise ball get one. Doing crunches on an exercise ball works out all your abdominal muscles. Start by sitting on the ball with your feel on the ground now lean backwards and start crunching. Do three sets of 10 repetitions.
So how long does it take to get a six pack? If you follow the above exercise and diet regime you will be well on your way to having rock solid abdominal in six weeks. Here’s to your fitness success!